Are you someone who enjoys the fast paced, ever changing produce industry? PRO*ACT is looking for a produce professional to join our team in Monterey as an Account Manager. As an Account Manager you will work on behalf of our distributors while collaborating with our sourcing team and suppliers. Applying candidates must be a willing participant of a cohesive team, embrace multitasking and have superior communication skills with the utmost attention to detail.
- Prepare P.O.s for product sourcing
- Allocate and assign contracts to appropriate suppliers
- Add pallets, temperature recorders, temperature fees, etc., as necessary
- Coordinate logistics to ensure appropriate shipping and cold chain management; maximize freight per truck while separating orders based on refrigeration needs, potential for product interactions, etc
- Manage communications and information flow among suppliers, distributors and other Pro*Act departments
- Dispatch orders/P.O.’s to distributors and/or logistics personnel
- Communicate P.O. changes to suppliers and/or distributors, as appropriate
- Follow up with assigned delinquent suppliers to ensure fulfillment; communicate with all relevant departments regarding delays
- Process Procurement and/or Accounts Payable “troubles": Communicate with Product Manager, supplier, distributor and/or inspector, as needed; follow up to a successful outcome using the Workflow (DMS) process
- Monitor and track contract commitments related to assigned distributor accounts
- Network/collaborate with internal team and distributor procurement and sales teams to grow business
- Visit distributors, attend industry events and/or participate in Pro*Act’s annual sales and procurement conferences
- Leverage our sales revenue
- Other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ Years produce experience required
- Proficient in Excel and Word required
- Familiarity with Smartsheets preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to effectively communicate in stressful situations required
- Ability to problem solve with minimal oversight required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team required
- Strong negotiating skills with a high focus on customer service required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required
PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.