Rancho Guadalupe LLC is a family-owned grower of fresh produce, based in the Santa Maria Valley. For over 25 years we have striven to produce the highest quality product to our customers by following our Mission Statement.
“We will inspire and challenge one another with new ideas - in a spirit of cooperation - to promote safety and take care of our land and other resources while achieving excellence in growing”.
We are now accepting applications for a Food Safety Coordinator to join our team in Santa Maria, CA.
The Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Food Safety Manager in making sure that the company is following all food safety rules, guidelines, and law as mandated by the federal government, commodity specific regulations (i.e. LGMA), and customer specific requirements. The Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Food Safety Manager in all aspects of the food safety program and sampling program. They are also responsible for assisting with customer interaction and facilitating visits when needed. The Food Safety Coordinator also assists the Food Safety Manager with other miscellaneous tasks.
This position requires a high level of comfort working outdoors with exposure to the elements such as sun, wind, dust and rain. While there is considerable office work, employee is expected to personally monitor and document many agricultural activities relating to growing and harvesting operations.
- Assist with implementation and overseeing a comprehensive food safety program for the growing, harvesting, packing, and transportation of fresh produce.
- Assist with implementation and overseeing a comprehensive sampling program for fresh produce by commodity and all water used in the operation following regulatory and customer requirements.
- Assist with implementation and overseeing a comprehensive analytical sampling program of the soil used to grow fresh produce by ranch and plot for internal use.
- Assist with implementation and overseeing a comprehensive sanitation validation program for harvest equipment of fresh produce following regulatory and customer requirements.
- Assist with overseeing the Food Safety Coordinator Assistant in the implementation and enforcement of the food safety program in all aspects of the company(s).
- Assist with creation and implementation of all trainings regarding food safety across all operations.
- Oversee and assist the Food Safety Coordinator Assistant in conducting all applicable training to a given employee based on their role in food safety.
- Oversee and assist the Field Sample Analyst in the implementation of the sampling programs in all aspects of the company.
- Assist the Food Safety Manager in maintaining full compliance with the GFSI standard Primus and Global GAP audit schemes.
- Assist the Food Safety Manager in maintaining full compliance with EFI food safety related items.
- Assist the Food Safety Manager in overseeing the purchasing, serialization, and issuing of harvest knives.
- Assist our customers with their visitation of our operations.
- Conduct Food Safety investigations and recommend corrective actions. When directed, then implement those corrective actions in the operation(s).
- Assist the Food Safety Manager in maintaining the restroom/sanitation program and coordinate with the sanitation company.
- Employee will be required to drive locally between ranches, stand and walk in rough, uneven, sometimes muddy terrain.
- May also need to perform office work which requires prolonged periods of sitting and working on a computer, climbing stairs and other typical office duties.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move items up to 50 lbs.
- Travel is primarily local during business hours, although some out of area and overnight travel may also occasionally be required.