Located on the beautiful central coast of California in Grover Beach, Regatta Tropicals Limited is a national and international sales and marketing firm for California, Arizona and imported fruit from Southern Hemisphere and European countries. The company operates shipping, repacking, and restyling operations in Reedley, California and Vineland, New Jersey. Our team represents growers and exporters of fresh fruits and distributes to wholesale, food service, retail, and club store customers nationwide and in the export markets.
We’re looking for a proven Produce Sales & Business Development Associate that can effectively manage and grow existing accounts and bring new business to our company.
We are a dynamic team and welcome someone with the vision, drive and energy to contribute to our growth as an organization. Our benefits include fully paid premium medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a 401K program with generous company matching and profit sharing.
A successful candidate will possess a strong knowledge of fresh produce, a proven sales track record, and the vision, drive and energy to contribute to the growth of our organization.
- Proactively achieve sales and profit goals by evaluating and responding to the changing needs of customers.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to create and attain sales and profit goals for account base.
- Participate actively in planning, development, and implementation of sales and marketing activities.
- Grow sales and profits through effective business development and strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Provide the highest quality customer service.
- Generate new customer leads by researching internet/Bluebook/Redbook/PMA/Import data bases
- Track all customer orders from start to finish.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Successfully promote a customer-focused work ethic in tune with the company's core values and principles.
- At least 3 years of fresh produce sales experience.
- Import sales experience is a big plus.
- Professional communication, negotiation, organization skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be team oriented, energetic, and possess a positive attitude.
- Technical skills to effectively use presentation software and electronic communication.
- Experience with Famous Software is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong drive to succeed and an effective problem solver.
- Bachelor or an Associate degree is required.