From our horse-drawn wagon days in 1897 when Samuel Strock began selling fruit and vegetables in Boston, S. Strock & Co. has grown to one of the largest and most respected firms supplying the New England region. While there have been many changes in the past 124 years, one thing has remained constant – the commitment of everyone at S. Strock & Co. to help our customers continue to grow with us and thrive well into the future.
We are currently searching for a motivated Buyer/Salesperson to join our team in the New England Produce Center in Chelsea, MA.
We are looking for this individual to specialize in the Citrus & Stone fruit categories.
In this multi-disciplinary role, you will be responsible for managing both grower-shipper relationships and customer relationships for long-term mutual success, as well as identifying and pursuing new opportunities for buying and sales.
Office hours are 3 AM to 11 AM, Monday through Friday.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5+ years prior produce sales experience
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with customers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Positive, competitive, and confident personality
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to navigate customer requirements, analyze buying behavior, and interpret underlying needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics NAV applications helpful
- Bilingual English with fluency in Spanish helpful
Employee benefits are available.
This is an amazing opportunity to take your produce career to the next level with one of the most established produce companies in the northeast.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.