Sakata Seed America was established in 1977 as a research, production and sales division of Sakata Seed Corporation. Our objective is to quickly and efficiently meet industry expectations for quality seed, strong performance and excellent yields, as well as retail and consumer demand for delicious fruit and vegetables.
Today, we continue to challenge ourselves to be the industry leader for innovation, quality, reliability and service.
We now have a terrific opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Morgan Hill, CA.
The Marketing Coordinator assists senior marketing manager and supports entire marketing team to coordinate marketing communications programs and activities, including website maintenance and online presence, PR and social media and advertising and events and tradeshows according to goals and commitments of the Sales & Marketing department and the company. Provides administrative support as requested.
The successful candidate will have:
- An undergraduate college degree in event management, advertising, marketing, communications, or other related course of study or its equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum two years Sales & Marketing experience desirable, preferably in seed, ornamentals, produce or related industry.
- Basic knowledge of marketing communications.
- Strong sense of initiative, accountability and ability to organize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Photo editing skills required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred.
- Comprehension of social media platforms required.
- Experience managing corporate B2B social media accounts preferred.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have excellent knowledge of event coordinating, and sales and marketing.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast-moving developments in marketing communications of the industry (vegetable and ornamental).
- Must be able to work well in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for periods of time throughout the year.
We are asking for a lot, but have a lot to offer. Including a competitive compensation package which includes full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K etc). and a great opportunity to advance your marketing career.