The benefits administrator position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of all group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan and 401(k) plan, for all SFCOS entities. The benefits specialist provides excellent customer service to internal customers and serves as a liaison between the employee and the benefit plan provider. The benefits administrator monitors and maintains all employee benefit eligibility, enrollments and changes.
- Serve as primary contact between employees, benefit plan providers and third-party administrators. Coordinate benefit data processing to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and work closely with payroll department for records accuracy.
- Serve as a liaison between the employee, third-party administrator and the benefit carrier to appeal inaccurate insurance claim processing.
- Gather employee data for processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Prepare data complete forms as required by State and/or Federal agencies or guidelines such as employee benefits garnishments, audits, ACA, 5500 and other non-discrimination testing as required by law or plan design
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance the understanding of the company's benefits package. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to all group benefits employees, home office associates and field staff Conduct new hire benefit orientation either in person, by phone or via video conference, in order to become fully integrated
- Monitor and apply benefit administration best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented reports HR and management teams
- Promote company’s reputation as Preferred Employer
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions. Ability to inspire others to excel to positions of Leadership Ability to communicate passion and importance of company, process and procedures
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Conflict Resolution Skills.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred or Work Equivalent
- Field of Study: Human Resources (preferred)
- Experience: 5 plus years of experience in Benefits Administration
- General Office Equipment Technical Google & Google Apps.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality of critical, sensitive and HIPAA information, records and reporting
- Understand, interpret and orient on plan designs
- Read, understand and review documents for accuracy and relevant information
- Maintain complex record keeping systems
- Ability to multitask and work with constant interruptions
- Hands-on experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Some Saturday work may be required from time to time
- Ability to travel 25% to 35% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Employer paid premium health, dental and vision package
- Retirement Plan 401(K
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.