Since 1984, SCS Global Services has been a pioneer and leader in the field of sustainability standards and third-party certification, working across the economy in the natural resources, built environment, food and agriculture, consumer products and climate sectors. Partnering with companies, government agencies, NGOs, and stakeholders, we are striving to advance sustainable development goals through independent assessment, the application of sound science, and innovative solutions. Through these services, we are enabling decision-makers and purchasers to make informed decisions, giving innovators a competitive edge, and helping to drive the development of leadership standards to create a framework for continuous improvement.
Do you have a passion for food safety and sustainability, love traveling, and want to work with a great team while making a difference?
The Food Safety Auditor is responsible for conducting audits in accordance with food safety and quality management systems. Auditors travel to client sites, perform inspections, determine compliance, review corrective actions, and submit their audit reports for review and certification. This is a remote, full-time employee position with SCS. Preferred candidates are located in California, Southeastern US, and Pacific Northwest.
- Primus Standard
- Harmonized GAP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with SCS’s Client Services team to accept/confirm audits
- Prepare and send client audit plan according to protocols
- Book travel, hotel, and transportation according to company policy, and submit expense reports
- Audit Services
- Conduct technical reviews in the off-season and during downtimes
- Adhere to all quality and code of conduct standards
- Conduct audits using applicable checklists, forms, and tools
- Maintain positive client relationships and respond to all client inquiries and concerns
- Submit complete and accurate audit reports within established timelines
- Program Quality and Compliance
- Attend training to maintain qualification to conduct audits; maintain training records
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable regulations and standards
- Prepare clients for the audit process by sending the required audit plan
- Conduct technical report reviews in the slow season or during downtimes
- Assist in the collection of documents as needed as part of the audit process
- Assist with the development and maintenance of program quality documents
- Ensure thorough client records are maintained
- A strong passion for food safety and sustainability
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized and deadline-driven with superior time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, plant science, crop and soil science, food science, food technology, or other related scientific areas of study or an Associate’s degree in other related food science may also be acceptable
- 5+ years of industry experience in a practical capacity on a farm or in a technical production management role related to food crops
- Experience with GFSI audit standards (GLOBALG.A.P & PrimusGFS)
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Database systems
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% - mostly overnight travel throughout the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Additional Preferred Training
- Accredited 16 Hour HACCP training
- Food Hygiene training on water quality, organic fertilizer, personal hygiene, equipment, and other agricultural food safety challenges
- IPM pesticide and fertilizer training
- Lead Auditor Training
- Prior GFSI auditing experience strongly preferred
- Preferred locations: California, Southeastern US, Pacific Northwest
- Preferred languages: Bilingual English/Spanish
If you do not meet the above qualifications but are still interested in becoming a Food Safety Auditor with SCS, please visit our Food Safety Contract Auditor position (https://scs.hrmdirect.com/employment/view.php?req=1701065). As a contract auditor with SCS, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable training and experience that will lead to becoming an approved GFSI food safety auditor.
*The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Must be able to travel to client sites and walk around the site as needed. Must be able to speak and listen to employees and clients in person and on the phone. Must be able to sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to lift and carry 15 pounds.
CA Office, Emeryville or Remote, US
*SCS, Working Remotely:
At this time, SCS Global Services is recruiting all open roles to be remote; allowing our employees the ability to work flexibly and allowing SCS as a company to diversify the experience and perspectives of our growing workforce.
As part of our remote work, we want to ensure that our employees have what they need to work from home. We provide our new employees with a computer and can offer assistance in acquiring ergonomic necessities.
$51k to $71k Annually
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
$51k to $71k Annually