Today, we are proud to continue that mission while including the leading retailers and club stores in North America. Our Southern Selects line of value-added specialty produce, and our extensive private label programs provide consumers with delicious, nutritious, safe, and convenient produce for the entire family.
The foundation of Southern Specialties resides in the quality of the people and businesses that make up our culture and enterprise.
We are always looking for great people like you. At Southern Specialties, your knowledge and experiences will contribute to the growth of a successful organization. We provide an exciting working environment and competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with your experience.
We have an immediate opening for a Key Account Manager specializing in Avocados to support our Sales & Procurement department in Pompano Beach, Florida.
As the Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for making sure to maintain and increase sales of Southern Specialties product line to key accounts as identified by the Company.
Continue to increase customer base with profitable customers. Work closely with procurement with assigned commodity.
- Manage assigned Commodities in accordance with ongoing Strategic Goal Description
- Ability to buy from growers/vendors
- Work with Director or Procurement to identify growing regions for new areas of sourcing product
- Understand all aspects of the commodity
- Manage the weekly information flow to both Sales and Procurement
Work closely with Procurement, providing items such as:
- Promotional and other real time environment programs
- Understand growing cycles, regions, and other specifics of assigned commodity
- Develop yearly plan, for all customers
- Must have experience with Avocados Commodity from Sales to Sourcing
- Experience in selling, marketing, pricing, customer base knowledge, or other related experience is desired
- Prior sales, supervisory and/or technical experience is preferred
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with computer competency
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.