An employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 38 years, Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
We own 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valleys. Other diversified operations include PlantTape (an innovative transplanting system with locations in U.S. and Europe), seed research, production, and hydroponics.
We strive to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation with employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership, & Accountability.
Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium vegetables with superior customer service that exceeds their quality and value expectations” Our Vision A highly innovative and sustainable Company growing and enhancing the lives of all through employee and customer inspired partnerships.
We are pleased to offer an outstanding opportunity to join our team as an Account Manager in Salinas, CA.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of developing each customer relationship, understanding their needs and the market channel as a business. This extends from growing the revenue and profitability of existing customers across product lines to the development of new customers. You will be accountable for profitability, revenue, and inventory. Utilizing our sales services, you will develop innovative solutions that align the needs of the customer with company goals. You must be able to communicate effectively with all areas of the Company.
To be successful in this role, we require:
- Minimum of five years of sales experience in Foodservice, Wholesale and Retail. Preferred familiarity with Tanimura & Antle products, including both conventional and organic leafy-greens, broccoli, cauliflower and celery.
- Ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have superior written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with everyone, in the field, cooler, to customers, team-members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Promote a positive Company image, understands and supports overall Sales priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall Company profitability.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join one of the most respected companies in the Produce industry!