Van Groningen & Sons, Inc. is a farming business that began in California in 1922 by Henry Van Groningen Sr. and was passed down through the generations. For the past 82 years, we have worked to maintain our reputation for producing high quality produce while operating with integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Ingredient Salesperson to join our team based in Manteca, CA.
The Ingredient Sales (Juice Operations) position is responsible for managing and growing the defined region, establishing, maintaining and cultivating business/customer relations, collaborating with technical staff to develop new solutions and managing pricing and profitability. Responsible for maintaining and growing value-based customer relationships that will make VGS a trusted partner with its chosen customers and will translate into meeting or exceeding annual sales budgets.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- BS or higher degree in sales and marketing, food science, business administration or a related field from an accredited college/university is required.
- Excellent negotiation skills to optimize deals are imperative.
- Previous sales and/or buying experience contacting regional and national growers at all organizational levels.
- Previous work experience in the Food and Agricultural industry is a plus.
- Previous experience and deep knowledge of produce, seasons, and commodities.
- Ability to understand & follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), FDA & State Regulations and comply with OSHA standards.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Demonstrated success increasing top line sales to meet assigned objectives, skills and knowledge.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels and in all disciplines, both internally and externally, and to develop strong internal networks is essential.
- Strong communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- Adaptable and able to work well across multiple departments and within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in standard business applications included in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge in Famous software or Inventory Management Systems.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) not required but a plus.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join one of the oldest and most respected companies in the Produce Industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.