The Vanguard International Group is a leading vertically-integrated, globally diversified, fresh fruit enterprise. Proudly representing the group in North America, Vanguard Direct serves as the marketing and sales arm of Vanguard in North America for all imported fresh produce.
When we say “We Own It“ at Vanguard Direct, we know that ownership has its benefits. It allows us to carefully control the entire process from varietal selection to harvesting, packing, and delivery to our customers.
We grow over 2,400 acres of the most desirable proprietary seedless grape varieties on our own ranches in Ica, Peru, and we market for growers in California, Chile, Mexico, South Africa, and around the world.
Our best-in-class packhouse is located next to our ranches in Ica, which allows us to pre-cool, pack, and store quickly before they are shipped to North America and other destinations around the world.
We now have an immediate opening for a Senior Sales Associate to join our team in Bakersfield, CA.
The Senior Sales Associate will manage existing programs, develop new sales to new customers, develop new business opportunities, assist in sales and pricing decisions based on market conditions and Vanguard Direct’s, go-to market strategy, participate in marketing activities both on and offshore, and be involved in communications with farming and packing operations in Peru.
You should be:
- An experienced produce pro – minimum 7 to 10 years of experience.
- Grape category background a plus.
- Have working relationships with key North American retailers, wholesalers, and food service distributors.
- Comfortable giving sales presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
What does Success look like?
- Achieve 100% of Annual Sales Budget.
- Clear internal and external communications: pricing, supply, competitive activity, and how these elements impact Vanguard’s position in the market – real time and real intelligence, easily understood.
- Travel to promote marketing and sales activities.
- Develop highly effective internal relationships with the VI Direct and VI Peru teams.
- Be a solutions seeker and be excited to solve problems as a team.
- Provide directional oversight for onshore operations on both the West Coast and the East Coast.
Our Core Values:
- Hardworking, dedicated, persistent, and professional!
- Obsessive about straight-forward, transparent communications!
- Concerned about our business partners' well-being and profitability!
- Committed to meeting or exceeding our business partners’ expectations!