Since 1980, Vision Produce Company has provided the highest quality fresh fruits and vegetables available in the marketplace. Over the last 40 years the company has transformed from a regional brokerage to a premier year-round national importer and distributor with direct grower relationships. Vision Produce offers a broad product line of tropical, Hispanic and vegetable products.
We are currently seeking a Salesperson in Los Angeles, CA. Must be a self-starter who will respond and be motivated by sales growth, personal development, and company profitability.
Competitive Base Salary
Potential for bonus
Great Benefits and Time Off
- Must be a seasoned Sales professional with a minimum 5 years experience
- Must have the ability to read market conditions as they change
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, able to communicate with warehouse staff, growers out of Mexico and other Spanish speaking partners
- Ability to analyze and determine how and when to buy product based on increasing/decreasing markets and customer demand
- Willing to work in close quarters within the company and become part of a team who must rely on each other 100% of the time to get the job done
- Must have good follow through skills in order to provide best customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal skills within the company and with growers and customers alike
- Ability to withstand pressure situations and flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to handle tracking on product arrivals and maintain inventory count
- Experience with Produce Pro® and iTrade® a plus
- Assist the department manager (and coordinating with other department staff) on all buying, product management, logistics, profitability and customer/business development
- Travel required to build/gain relationships with existing and new growers
- Make sales cold calls in order to gain market share
- Willing to perform a variety of job duties such as (but not limited to) pricing customers daily/weekly/monthly contracts etc. Also work on ad and promotional business; develop specific quote worksheets for customers by using both "Word" and Excel" programs; analyzing and projecting profitability of the buy or the sale; performing simple accounting functions; learning and using both data entry and clerical support systems
- Other duties, as instructed by Supervisor