Western Precooling is the leading full-service provider of precooling equipment, facilities, and services. We are recruiting for a knowledgeable and skilled Compliance Coordinator to join our Oxnard operations team.
The Compliance Coordinator will work primarily in an oversight capacity. Responsibilities include monitoring Western Precooling and its network of affiliate companies to meet local, state, and federal regulatory requirements, ensuring they meet the specific program level requirements.
The Compliance Coordinator will provide compliance support as requested to Western Precooling partnerships and customers. Thus, effective knowledge of industrial refrigeration regulations, to include but not limited to, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119; CCR Title 8 Section 5189; CCR Title 19 Section 2760; EPA 40 CFR Part 68; are all essential skills for this position. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
This position will work closely with the Engineering Department and support the Compliance Manager in providing guidance, developing, and updating program elements to meet regulatory changes and company practices.
As the Compliance Coordinator you may be responsible for coordinating and facilitating compliance meetings both in person and via virtual platforms, as well as creating/ translating training materials for Western Precooling, affiliates, and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor WPS compliance performance to ensure we are meeting regulatory requirements as well as WPS’s specific objectives.
- Manage contractor qualifications program and update contractor information as needed.
- Review written PSM/ RMP programs for accuracy on prescribed interval, provide comments and suggestions on recommended updates to the engineering department for review.
- As requested, conduct HMBP reviews for program compliance and accuracy, with emphasis on site maps, chemical storage & quantities etc.
- Review Western Precooling daily operational logs on a prescribed interval.
- Monitor various maintenance activities to report on compliance objectives.
- Coordinate and document LEPC response, per 40CFR Part68 Subpart E, requirement of Western Precooling managed sites.
- As required, serve on PSM/ RMP teams, and oversee the corrective actions for various program elements,
- Survey field equipment for accuracy and share findings with the Engineering department.
- Willing and interested in continuing education in the Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration industry.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Service shops, Cooler Operation management and the Engineering department to help meet compliance goals.
- Provide reports, recommendations, and findings, to the Engineering Department on any gaps or inconsistencies discovered during data entry or collection.
- Coordinate with service shops and cooler operation management to meet regulatory compliance deadlines.
- Research regulatory documents and corresponding materials to support well-prepared virtual sessions or presentations.
- Analyze internal metrics related to cooler compliance performance, and provide solutions.
- Assess PSM/RMP/CalARP corrective actions to ensure they meet established guidelines and/or compliance requirements.
- Assess various documentation activities and suggest recommendations to improve efficiency and documentation control.
- Confirm dates and schedules for WPS compliance obligations are within regulatory guidelines for PHA’s, Compliance audits, MOC’s etc., and report any gaps or concerns to the Engineering Department.
Monthly Reporting Requirements:
- Maintain and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly calendar to manage compliance schedule for WPS portable equipment and stationary locations.
- Develop, and produce reports related to compliance tracking and performance, to share information across departments and as requested.
- Inform the Engineering manager regarding audit findings and performance, as necessary.
Partnerships with Customers and Stakeholders:
- Facilitate internal and external documentation requests.
- Collaborate with necessary parties to address and resolve documentation or compliance needs.
- Effectively communicate externally with WPS customers to correct compliance related issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to be successful in this position.
- College degree preferred or 3+ years related experience with Industrial refrigeration regulatory programs. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Well organized, extremely detail oriented, self-starter and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong objective/critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of State and Federal industrial refrigeration laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with use of Maintenance Management Systems
- Knowledge of PSM/RMP/CALARP, as well as the ammonia refrigeration process
- Understanding of Mechanical and Electrical schematics
- Able to interpret piping and instrumentation drawings.
- Ability to work with basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, drill, tape measure etc.
- A team player, consistently finding ways to work with others to accomplish goals and meet objectives.
- Travel required to the various company locations. Travel will vary depending on time of the year and business needs.
- Bilingual fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish preferred.
How to Apply:
Western Precooling is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization which cares deeply about its customers and its employees. If you feel you would like to be part of this team, and feel you are up to this challenge please submit your resume to: Diane Knoll, Human Resources Director: email@example.com or fax: 510-656-1137. Resumes may also be mailed to: Western Precooling Systems, 5994 W Las Positas Blvd, Suite 123 CA 94588. EOE www.westernprecooling.com