An invitation to eat with your brain.
At Coosemans LA Shipping Inc., we see a world where everyone is a chef–thinking of flavor. Here, thousands of unique commodities gather to innovate the produce community. California is our home, but our story goes far beyond Los Angeles. From Auckland to Shanghai to New York, we are a team that makes an impact on what goes on menus and shelves.
We have a terrific opportunity for an Organic Business Development Manager to join our team.
The Organic Business Development Manager will be responsible for aggressively growing the overall activity; creating sales leads, targeting and soliciting new accounts, with face to face meetings and presentations to existing and new accounts. The position will identify, develop and execute a growth strategy focused on the core business models of procurement, supply chain management, grower sales programs, and transportation modes along with logistics. This is a highly visible role, internally and externally, and your ability to work with counterparts in other regions to develop programs, tackle roadblocks, promote innovation and make it happen will be critical to your success.
We value experience over a college degree. If you have talent and network power then we have opportunities for you to grow here. We are in need of person with a strong organic background and high energy to expand our growing organic programs.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Must have excellent phone skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) experience preferred but not required
- Proven track record of strong sales, customer relations, meeting quotas and closing deals
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Quick and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through
- Organizational skills, ability to work independently, promote, sell and secure new business.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming skills
- Knowledgeable in Excel and QuickBook
This is a great opportunity to take your organic produce career to the next level.