Daylight Foods Inc. is California’s premier sourcer of food from farms to grocers and restaurants. Based in Union City, CA, Daylight Foods works with farms throughout California to provide fresh food to businesses.
We are currently seeking a Sales Executive responsible for growing customer market share with focus on Independent Restaurants and Regional Chains.
- Reports directly to VP of Sales to drive profitable sales growth and support initiatives
- Build relationships with customers to meet customer needs and develop strategy for acquisition of new accounts
- Responsible for communicating with accounts regarding new products, pricing/item changes or information, holiday schedules, order cut off, and delivery day changes
- Support the set-up of new accounts including creation of customer order guides, obtaining credit applications, setting up price rules, establishing order cut off/delivery schedules, implementing customer/vendor pricing agreements for new and/or existing accounts, coordinating with each department to meet or exceed customers expectations
- Meet or exceed sales goals through current market analysis and partner with finance to review accounts receivables and assist in collecting past due balances
- Proactively communicate cross functionally to provide vital information necessary for servicing the customer.
- Notify procurement of menu changes, increased or decreased product usage, new or lost business, changes in proprietary product, etc.
- Consistently demonstrate Daylight Foods Core Values to enhance our culture of teamwork
- Located in the San Francisco Area
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum two years food sales experience required
- Knowledge of produce seasonality and varieties a plus
- Strong customer service skills and ability to build meaningful customer relationships
- Excellent communication, project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred
- Valid Driver License
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all framework competencies of this position.