In 1928, three DiMare brothers set out on the streets of Boston with a pushcart filled with produce. Seventeen years later, after their business had continued to grow and operations had expanded, the brothers decided to invest in farming operations. Within five years they had opened facilities and planted their first tomato fields in Florida and California. In the late 1980’s and 1990’s, the DiMare’s decided to further expand operations and began to purchase existing repack operations around the country. In 2003, this plan was solidified with the creation of DiMare Fresh, a national network of “service centers” located across the United States specializing in produce and floral programs through wholesale, repack, ripening, consolidation and distribution.
DiMare Fresh is seeking a Sales Manager to lead our team out of the Houston, Texas Operation location. Foodservice and/or retail experience and contacts necessary.
The Sale Manager will manage sales efforts by developing new business and enhancing existing business with increased customer service. Responsible for working with operations and purchasing departments to ensure profitability of all customer accounts. Oversee locations personnel in both sales and customer service by devising long term strategies, planning, short term goals and time management while growing the sales for the company.
- Travel is a requirement when necessary
- Supervisory/management experience with demonstrated ability to manage others
- Planning, staffing, budgeting, and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to resolve issues effectively in a professional manner and solve complex problems
- Ability to develop effective relationships and to provide strong leadership
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel required, familiarity with Produce Pro is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with food safety including knowledge of GMPs, HACCP and SOPs