This role is a senior leadership sales role relative to leading and managing the Dole Diversified sales team in North America. This role along with the team is responsible for selling the geography of North America on all aspects of Dole Diversified products. This role will have P&L responsibility for the Dole Diversified North America sales.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Hire, train, motivate and lead the Dole Diversified sales team to ensure the team achieves selling daily volume and price objectives for all Dole Diversified products.
- Assign customer/geography responsibilities by salesperson.
- Establish annual budgets for each commodity by customer.
- Lead the new business process and expanding business with existing customers.
- Ensure invoicing and allowances are handled properly and timely.
- Conduct quarterly sales business reviews with key strategic customers.
- Work cross functionally with transportation/logistics, agriculture operations, innovations, marketing, category management and other dole sales teams to drive profitable growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Account leadership/buying groups – selling the Dole concepts to secure and grow profitable business.
- Account quality control – discussing quality control issues of our products.
- Account supply chain – able to work with customer supply chain logistics departments to deal with all supply chain topics.
- Account AP Department – ensure proper payment of Dole invoices per Dole payment terms.
- Account negotiation group – ability to have negotiation interactions of short- and long-term contacts.
- Dole Diversified leadership – allows for business planning and P&L discussions.
- Dole Diversified finance – discussions around payment terms, financial proforma models, customer profitability reports.
- Marketing – ability to discuss new item creation opportunities as well as programs to drive sales of established programs.
- Category development – working collaboratively to understand sales trends of the customer and build strategic sales growth plans based on the analysis.
- Supply chain – establish supply chain logistic parameters that meet the standards of Dole and the customer.
- Quality control – reporting of quality or food safety issues between the customer and Dole.
- 10-15 years sales management experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, decision making skills.
- Strong understanding of account P&L.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Cognos and Syndicated data.
- Understanding of basics relative to production and quality control, understanding of commodity markets and personnel management and leadership.
- Knowledge of perishable supply chain logistics, integrated account management and basic qualitative and quantitative consumer needs analysis.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Management/Sales or a minimum of 10 years of Business Management/Sales experience.
- Sales Team direct reports.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Flexibility to work various hours/days as needed as well as more than 40 hours per week including beyond normal business hours including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 50% required.