East Coast Farms and Vegetables has made a mission of growing, packing, and selling some of the most sought-after produce in the southeastern United States. As a second-generation grower and shipper that was founded in South Florida in 1976, we strive to provide high quality, fresh, nutritious, and flavorful fruits and vegetables. The success of East Coast Farms and Vegetables is dependent on its ability to provide the best possible product and services to our customers.
We offer our customers the advantage of offering in house transportation with 9 company owned tractor trailers and 3 pallet trucks. With transportation a key factor in service levels we excel in “SUDDEN SERVICE”.
We are now searching for Produce Salesperson to join our team in Lake Worth, FL.
As the Produce Salesperson you will help East Coast Farms acquire new customers and sell additional products to existing customers to increase market share and achieve financial and volume growth. Your primary responsibilities will be to drive profitable sales of all available products and provide superior customer service to every customer before, during, and after the sale. Team members are expected to maintain all aspects of assigned accounts at a high level, including order processing, pricing, and effectively communicating information related to product availability, promotional opportunities, plus any industry- related information. Additionally, team members are expected to prospect for new business and grow their overall book of business and maintain a high level of professionalism in all aspects of communication. Team members may be called on to travel to customer locations or trade shows as needed.
Our ideal candidate will be a dynamic, goal driven, and truly passionate salesperson who enjoys working with produce and the entire sales process from start to finish. You can analyze complex and changing market factors, evaluate alternative sales practices, and recommend/implement effective courses of action.
You should also have:
- 2 - 3 years’ industry experience (fresh food preferred, but not required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems in a confident, decisive manner
- Self-starter with the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals
- Assertive problem solver who looks beyond the standard solutions to overcome challenges
- Ability to work well with a team and with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
We offer a competitive compensation plan, and a great, supportive place to work.
- Competitive wage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Re-location expenses may be considered for the right individual
If you’re passionate about produce and have what we’re looking for apply today!