The Regional Customer Manager will have responsibility for a retail marketing area. i.e., volume, revenue, market share, and corporate initiatives. The JRCM works in a collaborative manner with all functions within the company such as Business Management, Customer Service, Operations, Marketing and Revenue Finance to exceed volume and revenue targets.
Position reports to Head of Sales, Midwest and is based in Oak Brook Terrace, IL.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute sales plan and budgets that aligns company & distributor strategies/tactics to achieve Business Targets: Volume, Revenue, Profit, Market Share and ACV.
- Analyze monthly customer P&L's by product and DC to determine areas for margin improvement.
- Present category management data to customers
- Assist in development of customer pricing protocols
- Identify, develop, recommend, implement and measure Customer trade up plans of Fresh Express products carried at retail accounts to improve volume and profitability.
- Manage Trade Promotion entry for customer promotional plans
- Influence account activities in all areas to support company objective
- Manage Marketing Development Funds/ Budgets
- Manage, coordinate, modify and tailor forecasting/planning processes to customers (distributors) in order to maximize production and customer service and minimize costs.
- Work and collaborate with in-store personnel and retail operations to improve in-store practices, handling / merchandising.
- Review new business proposals and develop pricing recommendations.
- Assist with product pricing strategy and P&L development
- Develop accurate monthly volume and sales forecast
- Fulfill Sales Dept. requests for product information and develop sales presentations
- Resolve pricing issues
- Provide insights into contract proposals for new business or renewals based on input from customer and other sources
- Visit retail stores to lead/assist in value-added salad resets which involves reading planograms, adjusting shelving, replacing racking and filling shelves.
- Broker Management responsibilities (identify Price checks, POS implementation, all Reset responsibilities, etc).
- Manage POS orders for customers and brokers.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 3 – 5+ years of direct and/or indirect selling experience within a Consumer-Packaged Goods Company, with an emphasis in Perishables.
- Strong knowledge of Chicago retailers as well as, Distributors
- Experience with Broker Management and Category Management
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is Required
- Strong communication, selling and negotiating skills.
- Understanding of value selling, promoting and selling products and services. This includes tactics; presentation skits, sales & negotiating techniques
- Excellent communication and relationship building skill's, problem solving organizational.
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Collaborative & results/goal oriented
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Understands the important rote of Category Management and implementing the strategic management of product groups through retailer partnerships, which aims by satisfying consumer and shopper needs
Travel Required: Est. 20-30%
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.