The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
Our Nature's Partner brand represents the core of what we do: a partnership with our people, customers, growers, and the land and its fruits. Products packed under the Nature's Partner label represent some of the highest-quality fruits and vegetables in the marketplace, having met strict standards for food safety, quality control, and flavor.
Are you eager for growth and ready to join a great team to make a difference in our organization?
We are seeking an experienced and talented Client Support & Food Safety Specialist with strong background in sales, buying, negotiations, QC knowledge, customer management, and Inventory control to join our operation in the Los Angeles Produce Market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled produce professional to support our Department Heads and Division Manager by utilizing their knowledge and experience in the produce industry. The ideal candidate will need to possess strong customer and vendor relationships, and outstanding work and business ethics.
We believe in exceeding our customer’s expectations, and we know that every person in our organization plays a key role in making that happen. If you’re currently working in produce and you’re looking for that perfect opportunity with a great company to grow and further excel your skills, we’re offering a exciting position for the right person.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage products and make wise decisions in a fast-paced environment based on goals set by Division Manager. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual with the passion and determination to “go the extra mile.” You should be ready for the challenge to effectively establish and grow the business by cultivating and managing profitable customer and vendor relationships.
- The best candidates will have the ability to analyze complex and changing market factors, evaluate alternative sales practices, and recommend and/or implement effective courses of action. You should be adept at exercising independent judgment and initiative. Ideal candidates will have an excellent understanding of the fresh foods supply-chain, annual supply/pricing dynamics, business operations, sales contract negotiation, distribution logistics, quality management, and claims processing. You should be an assertive problem solver who looks beyond the standard solutions to overcome challenges and you should be comfortable working with a variety of personalities and individuals.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 2+ years of sales experience in the fresh produce industry.
- At least 1year of experience in Food Safety or similar field.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent Spanish a plus.
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems based on goals assigned by Division Manager.
- Self-starter who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines.
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion with key customers.
- Ability to work LA Wholesale Market hours in the early morning and work until job is complete.
- Knowledge of USDA requirements and USDA Inspection Process.
- In-depth produce industry knowledge and experience.
- Enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent selling skills and an ability to adapt to different customer types.
- High degree of collaboration within the sales team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficient.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new procedures and have positive teamwork attitude.