The Sales/Commodity Administrative Assistant thrives on being successful. Grow your career within the produce industry. Develop, implement, and maintain a commodity strategy that supports a company’s supply chain. Meet demand for annual growth targets. Evaluate market conditions to maintain inventory levels and control cost.
This position is responsible for developing, communicating, and executing sales and sourcing strategies for a specific commodity or commodities. Interaction with sales, growing team/value team to achieve company objectives and this person must understand the constantly changing supply markets and navigate effectively to achieve success.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Understand Lipman Family Farms needs and assist to develop sourcing strategy to successfully satisfy those needs.
- Coordinate vendor appointments and assist in setting up schedule travel and meetings.
- Build relationship with current vendor base.
- Possess a creative eye and ability to pick out trends.
- Keep current with industry trends.
- Prepare and present regular supplier quality reports, price competitiveness and market trend analysis.
- Management of Ad tracker – maintains and update as necessary.
- Maintain and communicate purchasing plans and assemble department sales history.
- Ensure commodities supply is available to operations personnel at all times.
- Familiarity with industry prices and marketing practices.
- Negotiate with vendor for better pricing.
- Assist the accounting department to resolve problems.
- Submit completed files and samples for purchase order processing
- Communicate packing planning and execution.
- Facilitate communication between departments.
- Some produce/agriculture industry and/or produce supply chain management knowledge or experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast- paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business needs and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills are required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the "Big Picture” within a complex, multi-faced organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Must exhibit proactive qualities, be self-directed, and have experience in facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or government law.
- Proficient computer skills in the areas of e-mail, Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc. Required.
- A strong spirit of teamwork and cooperation and a proven ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to apply logical and pragmatic communication approach are required.
- Proven leadership skills in leading, managing, and directing a team.
- Flexible travel to all company locations, trade shows, and industry conferences as required.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Fast paced, high volume, detail-oriented work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.