Monterey Mushrooms is second generation, family-owned and operated agribusiness that was established in 1971 in Royal Oaks, California. Today, we are vertically integrated company and control all aspects of mushroom production from seed to customer/consumer.
As an international, multi-facility company, with 10 mushroom growing farms strategically located throughout North America – Monterey’s mushrooms are literally “locally grown” nationwide. This means that we are positioned to deliver the best, most innovative mushroom products possible to consumers throughout the country.
We now have an immediate opening for a Sales Manager for our Southwest Territory (AZ, NM, TX).
As a member of our sales team you will sell our product line to national retail, wholesale and foodservice accounts. You will be responsible for handling produce for large volume sales accounts by identifying market levels, anticipating customer needs, managing sales margins, entering customer orders and expanding the customer base, while providing superior customer service.
The best candidates will be personable and outgoing individuals who can bring a positive attitude to our busy workplace every day.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong business/economics/marketing background
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales. Produce sales experience strongly preferred.
- A proven track record in fresh fruit and/or vegetables sales.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Self-starter who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Take your produce sales career to the next level. A great and supportive company, and a product line of only the finest product line available.