Founded in 1970 under the name Hollandia Produce, Pete’s is the California-based, employee-owned and operated leader in hydroponically grown lettuce and cress varieties, using up to 90% less water and land than traditional growers. Pete’s people, products and philosophies exist within greenhouse walls. It’s where they grow some of the highest quality, best-tasting greens available. It’s where they provide protection from outside forces, resulting in clean, safe and reliable greens. The greenhouse has always been a trusted member of their family. And for over 50 years, it’s been their home.
Pete’s is seeking an Eastern Business Development Account Manager (BDAM) to grow and manage sales efforts in the Eastern US and Canada across multiple channels including Retail and Foodservice. As the BDAM you will be responsible for business development with current and new customers at the corporate and regional levels.
This is a home based position and the ideal candidate will live in the Eastern US or Canada.
- Ability to build strong relationships with current customers and prospective customers
- Proven track record of adding new products to current customers and building new customer business
- Executing sales with focus on companies’ overall profitability
- Keeping a strong pulse on industry trends and happenings to take advantage of changing market
- Identify new opportunities, channel and/or product, to improve Pete’s position in the market
- Ability to think strategically about sales and communicate that effectively
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Strong goal setting and monitoring aptitude
- Ability to accomplish objectives with minimal supervision
- Tracks and analyzes customers sales, maintaining detail records thru CRM programs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be a good listener, excellent communicator, and team player
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Aids in forecasting and budgeting
- Coordinate sales with production department to ensure demand is met.
- Work with Accounts Receivables for timely payments
- Prepares reports/ customer presentations as needed
- Inputs order and sends invoices as needed
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Willing to travel up to 40% of time to represent company at trade shows and visit new and prospective customers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years of produce sales experience, strong produce sales experience
- Strong relationships with retailer and foodservice operators
- Produce or Perishable experience preferred
- Strong sales, customer service, and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strategic, problem solving, and creative thinking skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must have proficient computer skills; will need to be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and benefit
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.