Based in Kenilworth, NJ, Plastpac is the premier maker of recyclable corrugated plastic containers for both the seafood and agricultural industries. With over 40 years in the packaging industry, family owned Plastpac has become the leader in the specialty packaging sector and is proud to have built a clientele of reputable companies worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our family and help introduce the future of packaging.
Working from your home office in the North Eastern US, you will be responsible for servicing accounts all along the eastern seaboard all the way to Michigan and Ohio. This is a new opportunity to open new markets with great products.
- Proactively creating opportunities for additional sales with new and existing customers.
- Taking it upon yourself to make cold calls and set appointments.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of all sales and customers.
- Maintaining and developing working relationships with the team.
- Seeking to improve sales revenue in line with established sales targets.
- Providing sales support and superior customer service to existing customers while also. acquiring new clientele.
- Must have a good working relationship with your customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- You ideally have experience in produce sales and marketing.
- You have a high drive to learn and build a career.
- Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to meet with clients as well as to company headquarters.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Fresh Produce or Packaging Industry.
- Computer proficiency, a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational & negotiating skills.
- Sound knowledge of proven sales processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of market conditions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems.