Get in on the ground floor of our exciting and innovative company! It’s not too often in the produce industry that you get to work with new technology.
Strella Biotech manages perishable inventory based on maturity rather than traditional First-In-First-Out (FIFO) supply chain methods using proprietary sensing technology. The proprietary sensor can predict the maturity of virtually any fresh fruit throughout the supply chain. We've demonstrated a 50% shrink reduction on store shelves and top-line growth at major American retailers.
We integrate painlessly into existing warehouse management processes with no operational overhead. Strella Biotech’s sensors are installed in controlled atmosphere storage rooms, warehouses, containers on imported vessels, and pallets of product. We have been in the apple and pear industry for 4+ years with a solid customer base and strong relationships.
We are dedicated to a smarter supply chain that mutually benefits everyone, from grower to retailer to consumer. All the data collected is interpreted into simple and useful decision-making that integrates flawlessly into existing processes and data systems.
Our current focus is to expand our retail product offerings to ensure consistent quality with less waste, we need an experienced VP of Sales to introduce our technology to retailers across the country. We are looking for a seasoned pro with the knowledge, connections, and credibility to get in front of the decision-makers in major retailers and develop business.
The VP will pioneer this role and build a team as they grow the business. We will rely on this person to leverage their industry knowledge and experience to deliver results while operating autonomously driving our sales direction. The VP will be reporting to our CEO and COO. They will be collaborating with our entire team to help revolutionize the industry for a more sustainable future.
Our team is close-knit. We like to work together and rely on each member to move us forward in an ambitious and diverse culture. We empower our team members and hold them accountable to get their job done. We’re excited to be working together to make a positive impact on our future. We offer a very competitive salary and bonus structure, full benefits, and stock options.
- Develop strategies relating to the company’s market, products, services, and sales goals
- Work with the leadership team to determine and execute sales plans and meet organizational needs
- Track, analyze, and present sales metrics to senior leadership
- Facilitate commercial engagements with strategic US retailers
- Lead the sales process – from first engagement and pilots to implementation
- Support pilot design and execution
- Provide product and strategic feedback to help improve offerings
- Build sales and marketing messages and supporting materials
- 15+ years in produce industry sales and leadership
- Robust leadership and mentoring ability and an innovative, entrepreneurial attitude
- Thrives on working autonomously and building something from scratch
- Experience and existing relationships with produce leadership of large US retailers
- Comfortable working with and explaining technology and supply chain processes
- Collaborative, kind, thoughtful, high-integrity coworker
- Seattle area is strongly preferred – we work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and closeness to our team essential
Our website: https://www.strellabiotech.com/