Terra Exports is a fast paced, entrepreneurial and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 8 divisions worldwide that handle fruits and vegetables across 60+ countries. Our company has been featured in INC 5000’s annual list of Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S. for the past two years. Watch our team video here: https://youtu.be/ArggXExh0EM
When you join Terra Exports, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who are disrupting the way fresh produce is transported around the world. That means changing the way fresh food is handled & exported and disrupting and improving the way the process is executed and managed. It’s what we do. It’s what we’re known for.
We’re proud to be innovating a seasoned industry. But working at Terra Exports is about more than being disrupters. It’s about having a say in and improving the process. We start at the ground level – literally – with the growth of the product at the farm level, and we manage the process all the way up through distribution channels, up into the end user, the consumer.
We pride ourselves on our products arriving fresh and damage free and we’re there every step of the way, working alongside our suppliers and customers who share in our common goal.
We are currently searching for a dynamic Domestic Produce Broker who is passionate about fruit and has a reputation for being a star performer to join our company. As a broker you will be responsible for sales and sourcing. This role requires collaboration with our domestic sales team, to expand efforts into wholesale, food service, and retail accounts in the United States.
We provide you with a full administrative team so you don’t waste your time with any paperwork and can concentrate entirely on selling!
This position requires mainly brokering fruits and vegetables. Location can be either based in our Las Vegas office or work remotely (home office).
Compensation is competitive and defined according to what the candidate prefers: salary or commission or a combination of both. Benefits are provided (medical/dental/vision).
This is not your typical 9-5 job. Your commitment to our team, our suppliers, our customers, and our service providers is imperative.
- Fully embrace our core values: Be self-motivated, Provide excellent service, Take quick action, Be a team player & Understand the value of reputation.
- Business Development: New and Current Accounts.
- Proactively create contract, FOB, delivered, and program sales.
- Identify and strategically pursue opportunities based on industry trends.
- Develop strategies with the domestic team to better serve customers.
- Attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and meetings with prospective and existing customers.
- Assist in AR management when necessary.
- Minimum 1 year of produce brokering experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Must have an existing book of customers and/or suppliers.
- Proven sales success.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Domestic travel on a need basis.
- Import experience a plus.
- Bilingual highly encouraged.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and able to work well with others.