Our ten-year young company is managed by seasoned produce professionals with more than 50 years of experience combined with other associates whom are respected and known in our industry domestically and abroad.
Our business philosophy allows all individuals to learn and advance their skill sets with a progressive growth business model. Promoting new ideas and approaches in an ever-changing industry. We utilize old school personal skills and engage with our customers and supply partners with an eye on the present and future technologies.
You will be travelling to meet with partners at source, distribution points including interacting at all major and regional trade shows while encouraging individual participation with all that industry trade organizations have to offer. We embrace and welcome ideas and input that improves the efficiencies and systems of the entire organization.
This gives the right candidate an opportunity to expand the company’s product line within the same business model.
- Make daily sales phone calls to customers including retail (large, medium & small formats), Foodservice (national, regional and local), wholesale and fresh cut operations.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding customer service.
- Negotiate and manage customer pricing, pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Meet with customers to discuss our promotions, provide samples, packaging options, overall promotion of all our products.
- Monitor competition utilizing marketplace information on products, pricing and delivery.
- Work as a team and effectively communicate with all departments (Management, Operations, Accounting, Quality Control and Transportation).
- Optimize sales strategies by analyzing customer specifics and market sales data.
- Maintain knowledge of current pricing, current market conditions while informing customers of crop conditions.
- Handle customer claims regarding shipments and negotiate settlements.
- Order processing, pricing, mediating shipping arrival issues and coordinating transportation needs for assigned customer.
- Occasional travel to trade shows, visit customers, growers, markets and cold storage facilities.
- Attend USDA Produce Training Course to learn the Produce Industry.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Equivalent work experience.
Must also have at least 3-5 years’ experience working in sales.
Sales experience with supermarkets (i.e. Food Categories, Center Store, Dairy, etc.), foodservice, wholesale and fresh cut is a bonus.
Self-starter who shows confidence and is eager to get involved and learns quickly.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
English/Spanish is a plus and any other languages adds value. (Reading, writing and conversational).
Ability to solicit and develop new and long lasting professional relationships with customers and general trade.
Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and an ability to learn industry software quickly.
Some Saturday work or late-night hours maybe required.
Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license and have reliable means of transportation.
Maintain an overall professional appearance and conduct while at work and at company related functions.
Maintain good judgement and decisions that impact the company.
Existing book of business within the Produce/Foodservice industry highly desired.