Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for like minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
What we offer:
- An amazing company culture!
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first of the month following hire.
- ESOP (Profit Sharing) and 401(k).
- Paid vacations, paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, and onsite parking.
- Coverage under State Sick Leave.
- 100% Prepaid College Tuition for employees and their dependents.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Additional Compensation Details:
- Dependent on Experience and Location of Role
- Potential 90-day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
Maintain a set of current restaurant and food service accounts in specific territories, source new business, work with insides sales and management team on providing the best service possible to our customer base.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To:
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of all markets and growing conditions.
- Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
- Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with restaurant owners, retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Organize and provide assistance for special sales and promotions.
- Participate in special projects deemed necessary to the operation and well-being of the company.
- Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
- Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
- Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos, responsibility forms and other job-related paperwork within the set time lines.
- Pursuing new accounts / cold calling
- Call on existing customers
- Phone selling
- Keeping abreast of new items and market conditions
- Pricing strategies / develop specific customer pricing
- Meeting sales objectives
- Attend sales meetings
- Thorough knowledge and expertise of produce commodities and be capable of providing expert consulting to current and potential customers.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming skills.
- Quick and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through.
- Have excellent phone skills and PC skills
- Flexible and able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in time management and be capable of meeting work schedule deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and follow through on projects.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Clean motor vehicle report
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We do not provide H1-B sponsorships at this time.
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters - DO NOT CONTACT!