Bakersfield, the ninth-most populous city in California, is a major hub for agriculture in the nation. Kern County is part of the highly productive San Joaquin Valley, and ranks in the top five most productive agricultural counties in the United States. Kern County’s annual farm production includes the following Top 10 commodities: Table Grapes, Milk, Vegetables, Almonds, Pistachios, Cattle & Calves, Navel Oranges, Tangerines & Mandarins, Hay, and Alfalfa. Bakersfield offers an abundance of jobs in the produce industry, with top employers that include The Giumarra Companies, Grimmway Farms, Bolthouse Farms, Sun World, Sun Pacific, and Paramount Farms.
Kern County Annual Farm Production Top 10
- 1. Grapes, Table $555,440,000
- 2. Milk, Market, Fluid $437,300,000
- 3. Vegetables, Unspecified $423,783,000
- 4. Almonds, All $405,050,000
- 5. Pistachios $331,120,000
- 6. Cattle & Calves, Unspecified $174,216,000
- 7. Oranges, Navel $139,523,000
- 8. Fruits & Nuts, Unspecified $127,539,000
- 9. Tangerines & Mandarins $124,832,000
- 10. Hay, Alfalfa $106,144,000
Sun Pacific is seeking an operations manager for its Cuties® packing facility, located minutes south of Bakersfield, CA. Will work closely with the general manager to evaluate, plan, organize and manage all aspects of packing operation...