Calavo Growers, Inc. is a global avocado-industry leader. The company also procures and markets diversified fresh produce items, ranging from tomatoes to tropical produce. An expanding provider of value-added fresh food, the company's Calavo Foods business segment manufactures and distributes guacamole, guacamole hummus and salsa under the respected Calavo brand name. Calavo's wholly owned subsidiary, Renaissance Food Group, LLC, creates, markets and distributes a portfolio of healthy, high-quality lifestyle products for consumers through fast-growing brands that include Garden Highway and Chef Essentials. Founded in 1924, Calavo serves food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarket retailers and restaurant chains worldwide.
We are currently hiring Production Workers for all of our facilities. This includes Santa Paula, CA, Swedesboro, NJ, Garland, TX, Green Cove, FL, Temecula, CA, and Nogales, AZ.
Our Production Workers perform the basic assembly and process work of the finished product.
Persons in this classification will perform a variety of tasks on a variety of assembly lines to achieve a finished product. They perform one or more functions on the assembly lines including but not limited to; washing, peeling, cutting, weighing, measuring and pouring ingredients in container, placing lids, labeling, boxing, un-boxing, stacking, wrapping or other function to accomplish tasks.
We’re looking for people with:
- Two years previous food processing or food preparation skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ablility to Work in cold and wet working environment (approx. 34 degrees) –warm clothing is advised (heavy socks, pants, jacket, head covering, etc.).
Calavo seeks talented people who believe in teamwork and in using their talents to assist in the success of their company. As a worldwide marketer, grower and packer of premium fresh avocados, fresh fruits and vegetables, and processed avocado products, our success is that of each Calavo employee.
Calavo offers a comprehensive benefit program to all employees that may include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance and Optional Dependent Life
- AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
- 401(k) Plan - contributions may begin after ninety (90) days of employment
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Pay Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 8255 Tewantin Drive Houston, TX
- 4627 JP Hall Boulevard Green Cove Springs, FL
- 4322 Moreland Avenue Conley, GA
- 100 Dartmouth Drive Swedesboro, NJ
- 2600 McCree Road Garland, TX
- 16800 SE Evelyn Street Clackamas, OR
- 8425 Carbide Court Sacramento, CA
- 1730 Eastridge Avenue Riverside, CA
- 655 W. Main Street Santa Paula, CA
- 15765 West Telegraph Road Santa Paula, CA
Job Hotline number 800-887-3280
Walk ins are welcome Tuesday – Thursday from 11 am to 3 pm